Price Reduction for Afinia

Talk about anything.
dsk0l

Price Reduction for Afinia

Post by dsk0l » Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:37 pm

Hey everyone,

As I'm sure some of you know, Afinia reduced the price of their H480 printer to $1,299.

My company is possibly looking to purchase another Up! or Afinia printer (we have 4 now) and this new price point is really attractive. However, it looks as though Afinia only ships within the US (we would need it in the UK).

Does anyone know if Afinia ships to the UK or if there are any distributors that do? I've looked and didn't find anything.

Likewise, anyone have any idea if PP3DP is going to match that price point?

Cheers,
David

cadcam

Re: Price Reduction for Afinia

Post by cadcam » Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:56 am

I believe the main importer to the UK is Denford

https://isupply3d.com/UP-Printer-Sectio ... -plus-2-3D

They, and the other distributers, inthe UK have also dropped their prices

Regards

FallGuy

Post by FallGuy » Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:20 pm

Makes you wonder if they are starting to clear inventory for a new model coming out, or if it is just pricing pressure from all of the competitor printers and new models on kickstarter. I would like to see a new version with some of the features we have all dreamed of.
Thanks,

FallGuy

cadcam

Post by cadcam » Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:49 pm

See http://www.3dprinter.in/tiertime-announ ... ftis-2014/
Tiertime to announce new 3D Printer during CIFTIS 2014

Beijing’s Tiertime Technology, a frontrunner in fast prototyping and also of the 3D printing trade in China, will unveil a brand new consumer-grade 3D printer at this year’s Beijing fair, the Morning Post rumored. The family version printer, the scale of a coffeemaker, is said to be very cheap, costing around six thousand Yuan (approx. 970 USD).

But currently no news

Would be interesting to see the spec. Although a great fan of the Up!, great reliability, good models..

I would occasionally like access to some additional control over the model, Has anyone seen a comparison between the Up! Plus and the Ultimaker 2, in particular the fine finish and the support removal? I am not particularily worried about the speed.