Losing Connection during print 100% of the time

Talk about anything.
dkane_inspired

Losing Connection during print 100% of the time

Post by dkane_inspired » Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:26 pm

Hello,

New to the forum. I've had an Up Plus 2 for a couple years now and for the last 8 months or so I've noticed it looses connection some time during the print ("Printer Not Connected" - see attached image). All prints have finished printing despite the connection loss, however recently on my last 4 prints the print x-y table has become frozen in place. The nozzle remains hot and just burns a hole in the part.

Not sure if the "Printer Not Connected" issue I mentioned and the x-y table freezing are related but with the x-y table freezing I cannot get any successful prints. Any ideas? I have updated to the latest software version and the problem persists. Has happened on multiple computers, multiple tiertime software versions, but all windows 10.

Edit: When printing the same part multiple times, it stops in the same exact spot every attempt.
Attachments
Up_Plus_no_Connection.png
Up_Plus_no_Connection.png (56.14 KiB) Viewed 122 times

TiertimeJoshua

Re: Losing Connection during print 100% of the time

Post by TiertimeJoshua » Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:28 pm

Hello,

Please download the software again. Before you do this, make sure to check the compatibility chart located in the https://www.tiertime.com/downloads/software/

For UP Plus 2, the right version should be 2.5.

Thank you

Joshua